Needed: Full-Time Clinical Psychology Faculty
Full-Time Clinical Psychology Faculty
Location: Sterling, VA
Apply here: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/jobs/Apply/360759
The Institute for the Psychological Sciences (IPS) at Divine Mercy University (DMU) invites applications for a full-time clinical faculty position in the doctoral program in clinical psychology (Psy.D). This position will involve teaching assigned coursework, clinical supervision of students, dissertation advising, research and scholarship, as well as potential administrative duties.
Located in Northern Virginia, the IPS doctoral program in clinical psychology is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of the American Psychological Association (APA). IPS is a cutting-edge institution offering a unique integration of sound science and the effective scientific practice of psychology with the Catholic understanding of the person, marriage and family.
Applicants must have the following minimal qualifications: a doctoral degree in psychology from a regionally accredited institution; Experience teaching one of the following at the graduate level: Child, Marriage, and Family therapy, Psychological Assessment, or Basic clinical skills courses emphasizing empathy and attachment; evidence of recent relevant work in the field, including teaching, research, publications, or clinical practice; and current licensure or immediate license eligibility as a clinical psychologist in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Preference will be given to candidates who (1) are graduates of regionally accredited programs, (2) have teaching experience in regionally accredited clinical psychology programs, (3) have a specialization in one of the areas listed above, (4) demonstrate current research and scholarship in the discipline, and (5) demonstrate a desire and ability to teach and supervise students in a manner consistent with the DMU/IPS mission. Applicants without a significant academic track record, but with demonstrated strengths in clinical training, supervision, and teaching, will be given serious consideration. Rank of appointment and salary will be commensurate with qualifications.
To be considered, the following is required:
- current curriculum vitae,
- official transcripts for all post-secondary education (unofficial transcripts should be submitted through the applicant portal and official transcripts requested and mailed to Divine Mercy University, Attention PsyD Faculty Recruitment, 45154 Underwood Lane, Sterling, VA 20166; or email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- a list of references from three higher education professionals,
- cover letter of interest that addresses the applicant’s compatibility with the DMU/IPS mission.
Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The Institute for the Psychological Sciences at Divine Mercy University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, actively committed to increasing diversity within its community. As required by the Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, and the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended, IPS does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or disability.
Applicants must have the following minimal qualifications:
- A doctoral degree in psychology from a regionally accredited institution;
- Experience teaching one of the following at the graduate level: Child, Marriage, and Family therapy, Psychological
- Assessment, or Basic clinical skills courses emphasizing empathy and attachment;
- Evidence of recent relevant work in the field, including teaching, research, publications, or clinical practice;
- Current licensure or immediate license eligibility as a clinical psychologist in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Apply here: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/jobs/Apply/360759Return to the List