Now Hiring: Admissions Recruiter
Now Hiring: Admissions Recruiter
Divine Mercy University is currently seeking an energetic Online Admissions Recruiter for the Masters of
Psychology Program (MSP) based at our Sterling VA Campus. Admissions Recruiters serve as the first
point of contact for our prospective online students to assist them in making fully informed decisions on
how to achieve their educational goals. Admissions Recruiters also introduce new students to the online
learning environment and continue to advise students throughout their degree program to ensure their
long-term success. Successful candidates will possess consultative relationship building skills, a passion
for helping students, an ability to work in a fast-paced, telephone-based environment, and fit the mission of
Divine Mercy University.
Some of your main responsibilities include:
- Guides prospective students through the University’s admissions processes including answering
questions relating to program requirements, transfer credits, payment options, etc.
- Ensures students have a solid understanding of the time commitment, technology and skills required to
be a successful online learner.
- Introduces new students to the online learning environment.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for student questions and concerns regarding degree
requirements, programs, policies and procedures.
- Communicates with new and prospective students by extensive phone, text, email and Zoom contact.
- Maintains positive relationships with students to help support program persistence and generate referral
- Carefully and closely tracks and enters information into computer software and ensures accurate student
information while observing confidentiality of information.
- As a member of a high-performing team, meets performance goals and inspires others to perform.
- Understands and maintains current knowledge of University’s policies and processes, and adheres to
accrediting body and Department of Education guidelines.
- Understands and keeps up-to-date on the University’s degree programs and admissions requirements.
In order to be successful, you’ll need to have:
- A bachelor’s degree.
- 3+ years of prior work experience in higher education, preferably with graduate programs in an online
environment, is very helpful.
- Experience as a previous representative or sales associate preferred.
- Proficiency working in a largely on-line environment, proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel,
Google, excellent internet research capabilities and other relevant, common computer experiences. CRM
- A passion for DMU’s unique mission and vision and connecting prospective students to the success
possible through the DMU academic model.
- Self-motivated, with a strong desire to reach out to prospective and new students as well as others to
establish rapport and build relationships.
- Passion and determination to educate and deliver exceptional service.
- High personal integrity.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and confident phone presence.
- Ability to multitask, quickly navigate multiple electronic systems and learn new processes.
- Critical thinking, problem solving and good judgment.
- Outstanding attention to detail and follow through.
- Able to work harmoniously in a team environment.
- Ability to commute at least once weekly to DMU’s campus in Sterling, Virginia for in-office work.*
- Ability to assist in-person with local DMU academic events as needed (i.e. in-office work days, special
in-office projects, graduation, campus visit days and the like.*
*Please note that the University is following CDC, State of Virginia, and Department of Higher Education
guidelines with regards to Covid 19 safety, social distancing and in-person events.
If you believe that you possess the passion, skills and experience we are seeking, we encourage you to
submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are actively reviewing
candidates for immediate consideration for this position.
Divine Mercy University (DMU) is a Catholic graduate school of psychology and counseling, founded in
1999 as the Institute for the Psychological Sciences. The University is dedicated to the scientific study of
psychology with a Catholic understanding of the person, marriage and the family. The University offers
Master of Science (M.S.) and Doctoral (Psy.D.) degrees in Clinical Psychology, a Master of Science (M.S.)
degree in Psychology and a Master of Science (M.S.) in Counseling.
Excerpt taken from:
To learn more about Divine Mercy University please visit our website at: www.divinemercy.edu
To learn more about the MS in Psychology program please visit our website at: