DMU is committed to the integral formation of each student. Our desire is for you to become the flourishing person that God created you to be! The offices of Campus Ministry and Chaplaincy work together with the university to accompany each student on life’s spiritual journey. The purpose of this journey is to know, love and serve God and to be with Him for eternity!
Key Spiritual Components that we can help you with on this Journey include:
- Encouraging and helping you to see/seek God in all people, places and things
- Sacraments: Daily Mass, Confession & Holy Hours
- Spiritual Direction and/or Guidance.
- Discussions/Conversations dealing with the interaction between Church teaching, Sacraments, the spiritual life and daily living.
- A personal spiritual plan to help you grow closer to God.
- Small group sessions (Scriptural reflection, Lectio Divina, Catechesis, popular devotions)
- Retreats and mornings/evenings of reflection
In addition, spiritual direction and the sacrament of reconciliation with the Chaplain of the University are available to students, faculty, and staff. Individual appointments may be scheduled by contacting the Chaplain directly or Campus Ministry. Other religious activities and programs for students held during the year include a Student Retreat at the beginning of the year, Advent and Lenten half days/evenings of reflection and 3-6 week scripture reflection series.
Chaplain Fr. Walter Schu, L.C. firstname.lastname@example.org
DMU Campus, 1st Floor Chapel Monday through Friday – 1:05 pm
You can make an appointment with one of the Priests, or touch base with them before or after daily Mass
Fr. Robert Presutti, L.C. — email@example.com
Fr. Walter Schu, L.C. — firstname.lastname@example.org
Campus Ministry at DMU facilitates numerous opportunities for students, faculty and staff to grow in their faith formation. The Campus Minister will help answer your questions concerning ways that you can get involved, assist in the making of a spiritual life plan & coordinating and launching of small group activities and retreats. These activities provide the opportunity to grow spiritually and to foster friendships among fellow students and peers. A schedule of dates and times for all activities can be found by contacting the Campus Minister.
Tony MacDonnell email@example.com
(703) 544-7802 Ext. 120
Not on campus? You can attend mass online in the Virtual Chapel.
- Monday through Friday – 1:05 pm
- Weekly Holy hour: Thursdays at 5:15pm