Zoom Technical Requirements
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE). Minimum bandwidth is 600kbps (up/down) and recommended is 1.5 Mbps (up/down). Check your Internet bandwidth using Speedtest .
- A microphone – built-in to your computer or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth.
- If using a headset – built-in headset jack from laptop or desktop. Any headset with a 3.5mm plug will plug in.
Microphone / Headset
- A USB headset with microphone and earphones is recommended but not required. Please see this list of recommended headsets by Logitech.
- Higher Quality USB Microphone recommendations
- A webcam – one which is built-in to your computer or one that connects to your computer via USB.
- If you’d like to use a higher quality USB camera, these are recommended by Zoom
Processor and Ram Requirements
|Processor||Single Core 1Ghz or Higher||Dual Core 2Ghz or Higher (i3/i5/i7 or AMD equivalent)|
Notes: Dual and single core laptops have a reduced frame rate when screen sharing (around 5 frames per second). For optimum screen sharing performance on laptops we recommend a quad core processor or higher.
Supported Operating Systems
- Mac OS X with MacOS 10.7 or later
- Windows 10
- Windows 8 or 8.1
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista with SP1 or later
- Windows XP with SP3 or later
- Ubuntu 12.04 or higher
- Mint 17.1 or higher
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.4 or higher
- Oracle Linux 6.4 or higher
- CentOS 6.4 or higher
- Fedora 21 or higher
- OpenSUSE 13.2 or higher
- ArchLinux (64-bit only)
Supported Tablets and Mobile Devices
- iOS and Android devices
- Windows Surface PRO 2 running Win 8.1
- Windows Surface PRO 3 running Win 10
- Blackberry devices
- Windows: IE11+, Edge 12+, Firefox 27+, Chrome 30+
- Mac: Safari 7+, Firefox 27+, Chrome 30+
- Linux: Firefox 27+, Chrome 30+