Spiritual Direction Certificate: Admissions Requirements
The admission process for the Spiritual Direction Certificate is two tiered.
Applicants must provide the following for initial admission:
- Completed application form submitted online and payment of application fee.
- Letter of recommendation from the applicant’s pastor or minister
After successful completion of the SDC 100 & 200, students must provide the following to be considered as candidates for the certificate and continue the program:
- Letter from one’s own spiritual director using the form provided. A history of receiving regular spiritual direction is required to continue in the program.
- A letter of recommendation from a person (peer, friend, colleague) who has known the applicant for at least 3 of the last 5 years.
- After the review of these requirements, the SDC Program Assistant will contact the applicant to schedule a virtual interview. Interviews generally take place during the term prior to the course start.