Spiritual Direction Certificate Program in the Catholic-Christian Tradition
The Spiritual Direction Certificate Program at Divine Mercy prepares students with a transformational experience that will enable them to be spiritual directors with the heart and mind of Jesus Christ and in the tradition of the Church’s tried experience.
The Spiritual Direction Certificate (SDC) Program is designed to provide the knowledge, skills, and supervision for future spiritual directors. The program seeks to respond to the ongoing need for the followers of Jesus Christ to assist one another on their path of becoming, each day, more faithful disciples of the Lord.
The SDC Program is made up of six online classes which include two four-day onsite residences, practicum and supervision. The online classes are offered three times a year in eight-week segments. The pillars of the program include: integration of theological and human sciences as they relate to spiritual development; learning the art and skills of interpersonal relationships; and the fruitful experience of supervision.
Graduates of the Spiritual Direction Certificate Program will be able to:
- Exhibit a vibrant spiritual director identity with the requisite foundational knowledge and skills.
- Enter the directee’s life with compassion and respect.
- Develop Christ-centered and person-centered approaches to spiritual direction.
- Employ basic social and behavioral skills and a habit of solid theological reasoning, to promote deep spiritual flourishing.
- Embody a vision of the flourishing person that inspires them, as spiritual directors, and their directees to have courage to trust, hope and love.